Your oral health plays an important role in your overall health and well-being. Visiting your dentist regularly for a cleaning is essential to keeping your mouth and body healthy. Professional teeth cleaning can help to remove bacteria, plaque, and tartar (Calculus) buildup from your teeth, as well as protect you against cavities, gum disease, and other dental issues.
Our professional dental cleaning services at Morris Dental Solutions are designed to give you a deep clean that you can’t get at home. Our experienced hygienists use the latest instruments and techniques to remove plaque, tartar, calculus and surface stains from your teeth, giving you the most comfortable dental experience.
If you are searching for teeth cleanings Buffalo Grove, teeth cleaning in Arlington Heights, IL, or teeth cleaning near me, visit the experts at Morris Dental Solutions. To schedule an appointment, call (847) 215-1511 or complete the online booking form.
We look forward to helping you with your beautiful smile.
What Is a Routine Cleaning?
Routine dental cleanings are an important part of your oral hygiene. During a routine cleaning, our hygienists will use special instruments to remove plaque and calculus from your teeth. Plaque is a sticky film that builds up on your teeth over time and can cause tooth decay, gum disease, and other health problems. Calculus is a hardened form of plaque and can only be removed by a professional.
In addition to removing plaque and calculus, our hygienists will polish your teeth with special toothpaste that helps remove surface stains from coffee, tea, or red wine. They may also floss between each tooth to remove food particles and debris that regular brushing can’t reach.
Fluoride is a natural mineral that helps strengthen tooth enamel and protects against cavities. After your cleaning, our hygienist will apply fluoride to your teeth in the form of a gel, foam, or varnish. The fluoride will then be left on your teeth for a few minutes before being rinsed.
What Are the Benefits of Routine Teeth Cleaning?
Regular dental cleanings are important for maintaining good oral hygiene and preventing future dental problems. Here are some of the benefits of routine teeth cleaning:
- Removes plaque and calculus buildup, which can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and other health problems
- Reduces bad breath caused by bacteria in plaque
- Prevents cavities by removing food particles and debris that can cause decay
- Promotes a brighter, whiter smile
- It makes it easier for our hygienists to detect early signs of tooth decay or gum disease
Do Teeth Cleanings Hurt?
No, dental cleanings are generally painless. Our hygienists use special instruments to gently remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. You may feel some pressure during the cleaning, but you shouldn’t experience any pain. We may also apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area before we begin cleaning. If you suffer from severe dental anxiety, please let us know. We will be happy to make accommodations to make your cleaning as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
At-Home Oral Care
Regular professional cleanings are important in preventive care, but they’re not enough to keep your mouth healthy. You should also practice good oral hygiene habits at home, such as brushing twice daily and flossing once daily. It’s also important to visit your dentist for regular check-ups, which can help detect any dental problems early on.
Teeth Brushing Tips
Here are some tips to help make sure you’re taking proper care of your teeth:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste
- Brush for at least two minutes twice a day
- Make sure to brush all surfaces of each tooth (including the back and chewing surfaces)
- Don’t scrub too hard, as this can damage your tooth enamel
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or when the bristles start to fray
- Floss at least once a day to remove plaque and food particles from between teeth
Foods That Help Keep Teeth Clean
In addition to brushing and flossing, certain foods can help keep your teeth clean. Foods high in fiber and crunchy fruits like apples or celery help scrub away plaque and food debris. Calcium-rich dairy products such as cheese or yogurt help strengthen tooth enamel. And foods containing allicin, such as garlic or onions, help kill bacteria that can cause tooth decay.
- During a routine cleaning, our hygienists will use special tools to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. They will polish your teeth with a special toothpaste that removes surface stains.
- Fluoride is a natural mineral that helps strengthen tooth enamel and protects against cavities.
- Benefits of regular dental cleanings:
- Removes plaque and tartar buildup
- Reduces bad breath
- Prevents cavities
- Promotes a whiter, brighter smile
- Early detection of decay or other problems
- Brush twice daily and floss once daily
- Foods high in fiber and crunchy fruits like apples or celery help scrub away plaque and food debris. Calcium-rich dairy products strengthen enamel, and foods containing allicin help fight bad bacteria.
Professional Teeth Cleaning In Buffalo Grove
Our dedicated team of experienced hygienists are committed to helping you maintain a healthy smile. We offer comprehensive teeth cleanings and fluoride treatments to help protect your teeth from decay and keep your mouth healthy. Make regular dental exams and cleaning a part of your routine to keep your smile looking its best.
If you’re searching for teeth cleanings Buffalo Grove, teeth cleaning in Arlington Heights, IL, or teeth cleaning near me, we can help. To schedule an appointment, call (847) 215-1511 or complete the online booking form. We also proudly serve the communities of Barrington, Long Grove, and Highland Park.
Thank you for choosing Morris Dental Solutions. We look forward to seeing your smile!Call Us
Teeth Cleaning FAQ
Most teeth cleanings take about 60 minutes. If your teeth require a deeper cleaning (root planing and scaling), it may take up to an hour and a half. Deep cleanings are sometimes done in two separate appointments.
Yes, professional teeth cleanings are an important part of maintaining oral health. Regular cleanings can help remove plaque, calculus, and bacteria that can cause tooth decay and gum disease. They can also help prevent cavities and keep your smile looking its best.
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends having a professional teeth cleaning teeth every six months for most patients. Depending on your dental history, our hygienists may recommend three or four cleanings each year.
If you received a fluoride treatment, we recommend waiting at least 30 minutes after your teeth cleaning before eating or drinking.
Most dental insurance plans include coverage for routine cleanings and x-rays twice a year. If you are unsure about your coverage, we can review your plan and help you understand what’s covered.