A broken tooth before a big interview or a severely chipped tooth before a wedding day can be very inconvenient. But thanks to advances in dental technology, you no longer have to wait days, weeks, or even months for a dental crown! Same-day crowns are an innovative and convenient way to repair your smile in just one day, so you don’t have to worry about spending multiple days at the dentist’s office and weeks waiting for a crown.
At Morris Dental Solutions, we offer crowns and same-day crowns to our patients to provide fast and reliable dental care that won’t interfere with their daily lives. Our state-of-the-art equipment allows us to craft custom crowns for each patient in just one visit, eliminating the need for multiple appointments and letting you get back to your life faster. If you are searching for dental crowns Buffalo Grove or dental crowns near me, we can help. Call (847) 215-1511 or complete the online booking form to book an appointment at Morris Dental Solutions. We can’t wait to help you with your beautiful smile!
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a cap that is shaped like a tooth and placed over a a tooth that has been damaged by decay or trauma. It can also cover up a cracked or chipped tooth, reinforce weak teeth, change the shape of your teeth, cap a dental implant, or be used for dental bridge procedures. Crowns are made from materials such as porcelain, and are designed to match your natural tooth color as closely as possible.
If your tooth is damaged and needs a crown, it is important to get it taken care of quickly. A damaged tooth can easily become infected and cause pain or other complications. With same-day crowns, you can rest assured knowing that your tooth will be fixed in one visit without waiting weeks for a permanent crown.
Types of Crowns
Various materials are used to make crowns, including porcelain and metal.
- Porcelain Crowns: A popular material because it can be crafted to match the color of your natural teeth.
- Metal Crowns: Stronger and more durable than porcelain crowns, making them a great option for teeth that take a lot of pressure. A downside is they are less aesthetically attractive than porcelain crowns.
- Zirconia Crowns: A good balance between the strength and appearance of porcelain and metal crowns. Zirconia crowns are durable but still have a natural tooth-like appearance. Zirconia is typically more expensive than porcelain and metal crowns.
What Are Same-Day Crowns?
Same-day crowns are dental crowns crafted and placed in the same appointment. Instead of waiting weeks for your custom crown to come back from a lab, we can make it right here in our office using our CAD/CAM technology!
Same-day crowns offer many advantages over traditional crowns:
- Fast turnaround time: Same-day crowns are created and placed in a single visit, eliminating the need for a temporary crown or an extra appointment. Patients can save money on their dental care without sacrificing quality.
- Fast relief: Because your crown can be placed on the same day, you don’t have to wait for relief from a cracked or chipped tooth. With same-day crowns, you can have your tooth restored quickly and efficiently without waiting for a traditional crown to be made. This means you don’t have to deal with a weak, unreliable temporary crown while waiting for the permanent one.
- Aesthetic appearance: Our CAD/CAM technology can create a custom crown tailored to match your natural tooth color and shape from a block of ceramic (porcelain). This technology allows dentists to design restorations that fit accurately and comfortably without needing uncomfortable and messy impressions. The digital impressions taken by the dentist are much more precise than traditional methods, resulting in a restoration that fits perfectly and provides maximum comfort.
Disadvantages of Same-day Crowns
While same-day crowns offer many advantages, it is good to know the potential disadvantages. Some disadvantages are:
- Same-day crowns tend to be less strong than traditional crowns.
- Same-day crowns are only appropriate for some patients; if your tooth is fractured under the gumline, it can be difficult for your dentist to get an accurate map of your tooth using imaging technology.
- The shade of the crown may not be a perfect match for your natural tooth color.
It is important to speak to your dentist to determine if same-day crowns are an appropriate option. You may be better suited to a traditional or metal crown if your situation is more advanced or requires a stronger restoration.
Same-Day Crown Procedure
At Morris Dental Solutions, our process for same-day crowns is fast and straightforward. After a consultation to assess if you are a candidate for a dental crown, we will begin the process of creating your custom crown. If you suffer from dental anxiety or fear the dentist, we offer various relaxation options to ease your anxiety. Please let us know so we can accommodate you and make your appointment as comfortable as possible.
First, the dentist will take digital impressions to create a 3D image of your mouth and teeth. The images are then used as a blueprint to design and craft your custom crown using advanced CAD/CAM software and the Planmecca Planmill milling machines. Our milling machine precisely cuts and shapes the crown from a block of porcelain.Once your custom crown is complete, the dentist will check the crown for accuracy before placing it in your mouth. The dentist will make sure that it fits correctly and looks natural. Finally, the crown will be bonded to your tooth with special cement and light-cured in place, giving you a beautiful smile!
- A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed over a damaged or decayed tooth.
- Crowns are made from many materials, including porcelain, and are designed to match your natural tooth color as closely as possible.
- Same-day crowns are dental crowns crafted and placed in the same appointment.
- Advantages of same-day crowns:
- Fast turnaround time
- Fast relief from pain associated with a broken or cracked tooth
- Aesthetic appearance-the dental crown is precisely made to match your existing teeth
- Disadvantages of same-day crowns:
- May not be as strong as crowns made in a lab
- Not appropriate for everyone
- Not always a perfect match to your natural teeth
- 3D image of mouth and teeth
- Milling machine precisely cuts and shapes crown
- Fit assessed
- Crown bonded to tooth
Dental Crowns In Buffalo Grove
Same-day crowns are a great way to save time and money while restoring teeth in one appointment. With their fast turnaround time, they can provide much-needed relief quickly and efficiently. They also provide a more aesthetically pleasing restoration that looks natural and fits comfortably. With the right care and maintenance, your same-day crown should last just as long as a traditional crown.
If you are searching for dental crowns Buffalo Grove or dental crowns near me, we can help. To schedule an appointment at Morris Dental Solutions, call (847) 215-1511 or complete the online booking form. Our dedicated team also proudly serves the communities of Barrington, Arlington Heights, Long Grove, and Highland Park.Call Us
Same-Day Dental Crown FAQs
Dental insurance typically does not cover cosmetic treatments such as bonding, but it may provide partial coverage for treating cavities or other dental health problems. Check with your dentist and insurance provider to find out more.
No, dental bonding usually does not require anesthesia and is relatively painless. However, if the procedure is used to fill a cavity or requires drilling to change the shape of the tooth, your dentist may use an anesthetic.
Dental bonding typically lasts 5-8 years with proper care and maintenance.
The cost of dental bonding can vary depending on the number of teeth being treated and the complexity of the procedure. Generally, however, it is one of the least expensive cosmetic dental procedures available. Your dentist can provide you with a more accurate estimate during your consultation.
No, dental bonding is not permanent. The materials used for bonding are not as durable or stain-resistant as other types of dental work, so they may need to be replaced more often.