No one should feel embarrassed to show off their smile. For many, having a beautiful smile is a life-changing experience, and dental veneers are the perfect way to make it happen. Stop hiding your smile and learn more about how dental veneers can give you the confidence to show off your pearly whites with pride. We want you to have a smile that you want to show off. That’s why our cosmetic dentists in Buffalo Grove, IL, specialize in creating veneers that give you the best possible results. We use the latest technology and techniques so that you can have a smile that looks natural, healthy, and attractive.
If you are searching for veneers Buffalo Grove, IL, or cosmetic dentist Buffalo Grove, visit Morris Dental Solutions. Call (847) 215-1511 or complete the online booking form to schedule an appointment.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are super thin layers of porcelain or composite resin material that are custom-made to fit on the surface of your teeth. When placed, they look natural and healthy, masking imperfections and giving you an attractive smile.
Veneers can be used to correct the following:
- Discolored teeth and cosmetic flaws
- Chips and gaps between teeth
- Broken teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Small gaps in between teeth
They’re also great for improving the overall shape of your teeth and giving you that bright white smile you desire.
The 5 Benefits Of Getting Veneers
1. Look Natural: Veneers look natural and are designed to blend in with your other teeth, so no one will know they’re not your real teeth.
2. Last Longer: With proper care, veneers can last 10-15 years or longer! That’s much longer than traditional tooth whitening and other cosmetic treatments.
3. Quick & Easy: Placing veneers only takes 1 or 2 appointments, and the results are immediate, so you can enjoy your improved smile in no time!
4. Stain-Resistant: Porcelain veneers are highly resistant to staining from coffee, tea, red wine, and more.
5. Protect Your Teeth: Not only do veneers improve the aesthetics of your smile, but they can also protect your teeth from further damage or decay.
Porcelain Veneers Vs. Composite Veneers
There are a few key differences to consider when choosing between porcelain veneers and composite veneers.
- Porcelain is a stronger and more durable material than composite resin and can last longer with proper care.
- Porcelain reflects light like natural teeth, making it look more natural than composite veneers.
- Composite veneers are less expensive and don’t require as much preparation.
- Composite resin, unfortunately, does not resist staining as much as porcelain and will need to be replaced sooner.
The Same-Day Veneer Process
Before any dental procedure, we will ensure that your teeth are in good condition. Any treatments that are required must be done before the veneers are placed. If you need fillings, crowns, or other treatments, they must be completed before the veneers are placed.
Once we’ve determined that veneers are the best option for you, we will make impressions of your teeth to create your custom-fit veneers. Using the Planmecca Planmill, we can expertly craft your permanent veneers right in our dental office. Same-day veneers means no temporary veneers or extra visits to the office!
To prepare your teeth for the veneers, we will need to remove a very small layer of enamel. This process ensures your veneers fit properly and look natural. Once your teeth are prepped, we will place the veneers on your teeth using special dental cement.
Once in place, you will have a beautiful and healthy-looking smile that you can show off with pride!
When Veneers Won’t Work
Veneers are a great solution for masking cosmetic imperfections, but keep in mind that there are some cases where veneers may not be the best option.
- If you have severe decay or gum disease, veneers may be unable to correct these issues, and other treatments may be necessary.
- If you have large gaps in your teeth, veneers may not be enough to close them, and you may need orthodontic treatment or dental implants. Applying a veneer to a tooth with a large gap will not close the space.
- Sometimes, your teeth may be too crowded, or the jaw is so small that it causes them to become misaligned. If this is the case, you may need orthodontic treatment first. Once your teeth are aligned, then you can proceed with veneers.
Recovery After the Procedure
After the veneer procedure, your teeth may feel slightly sensitive for a few days. If you experience discomfort or sensitivity, simply use over-the-counter pain medications like ibuprofen (Advil) and acetaminophen (Tylenol) to relieve the symptoms.
Making Sure Your Veneers Last
Practice good oral hygiene habits to ensure your veneers last as long as possible. Brush twice a day and floss once a day. Be sure to visit your dentist every six months for routine cleanings and check-ups.
Here are a few tips to ensure your veneers last as long as possible.
- Brush your teeth after drinking coffee, tea, or red wine. Although veneers are polishable and stain resistant, brushing your teeth after drinking beverages with high concentrations of tannins can help prevent staining.
- Get fitted for a night guard if you clench or grind your teeth. A night guard will help protect your veneers and keep them looking great.
- Avoid biting into hard or crunchy foods like nuts, chips, ice, and hard candy. These can chip or crack the veneers and damage your teeth as well.
- Avoid chewing on non-food objects like pens and pencils or opening packages with your teeth; these actions can cause the veneers to come loose or even break off.
- Veneers are super thin layers of porcelain or composite resin material that are custom-made to fit on the surface of your teeth.
- Benefits include:
- Look natural
- Last longer than other cosmetic treatments
- Quick and easy procedure
- Protect your teeth
- The Same-Day veneer process:
- Take impressions
- Make veneers in-office with Planecca Planmill
- Prep teeth
- Place veneers with special cement
- Veneers require the same good oral hygiene as natural teeth. Brush and floss daily and visit your dentist annually for a dental exam and cleaning.
Your Cosmetic Dentist in Buffalo Grove
At Morris Dental Solutions, we understand that a beautiful smile can make a big difference in your life. Our experienced dentists are here to help you achieve the look you desire with veneers and other cosmetic dentistry services. We will work closely with you to determine which type of veneer is best for your situation and answer any questions you may have. Schedule a consultation with us today and start smiling confidently!
If you are searching for veneers Buffalo Grove, IL, or cosmetic dentist Buffalo Grove, visit Morris Dental Solutions. We also proudly serve the communities of Barrington, Highland Park, and Arlington Heights. To schedule an appointment, call (847) 215-1511 or complete the online booking form.
If you are searching for dental veneers near me, trust the experts at Morris Dental Solutions. We look forward to helping you with your beautiful smile!Call Us
Dental Veneer FAQ
Most dental insurance plans will not cover the cost of veneers, as they are considered to be cosmetic procedures. However, some policies may include coverage for veneers if they are used to correct a functional problem, such as bite alignment, or restore a damaged tooth due to trauma. Be sure to check your policy and consult your dentist to determine if you are eligible for coverage.
The lifespan of dental veneers depends on how well you care for them and your overall oral health. With proper care, veneers can last anywhere from 10-15 years.
No, veneers are not considered dental implants as they do not require surgically placing a post into the jawbone. Veneers are thin porcelain shells that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth.
The procedure itself is relatively pain-free, as a local anesthetic is used to numb the teeth and gums. Afterward, you might experience some sensitivity or discomfort, which can be relieved with over-the-counter pain medications like ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
Veneers can’t be removed once they are bonded to your tooth, so it is important that you make sure the veneer is perfect before permanently bonding it. If you want to remove a veneer, your dentist will need to use dental instruments to do so. Because your teeth were prepared for veneers, you will always require a dental restoration on them.