Dental implants is a long-term solution for tooth loss. They are also used to secure partial or complete dentures as well as support for dental bridges.
An artificial tooth is surgically anchored into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth in place. Since these implants are held by the jaw bone, they have the same, dependable foundation as natural tooth roots. With permanently placed implants, you will no longer have to experience discomfort in chewing, laughing or speaking.
Dental implants resemble natural teeth and can completely restore your smile and substantially improve your oral health. More advantages of dental implants include:
• Improved speech – With a removable device like dentures, teeth can slip within the mouth and can cause you to slur or mumble your words. A dental implant allows you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
• Improved comfort – Dental implants remove the discomfort of removable dentures.
• Improved oral health – Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health.
• Durability – With proper oral care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
• Easier eating – Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat foods without pain.
Your team will discuss tooth replacement options with you to help you make the most informed decision. Modern technology is utilized to minimize any discomfort associated with receiving a dental implant. This allows for a very relaxed and comfortable experience, for even the most fearful patients.
There are many factors that will be considered prior to recommending a dental implant, including: adequate bone support, healthy gum tissue, overall health, and sinus and nerve location.
Teeth Whitening Treatment in Buffalo Grove
Many patients consider teeth whitening. Whitening can be a quick and affordable way to brighten your smile. There are various kinds of whitening available in most dental offices. There are many brands of in office treatments and take home treatments.
Zoom and Opalescence are 2 of the more well known brands of tooth whitening. There are many very affective and approved brands being used in the United States.
When you speak to your dentist about teeth whitening, he will consider various things before recommending a treatment.
Firstly, most dentists like to make sure that you have no decay or oral health concerns prior to whitening. They will recommend treating more serious issues first. They may also consider the condition of your teeth and whether your teeth are too sensitive for the in office treatment.
Many dentists also offer take home whitening, which can be a more affordable solution for faded or stained teeth. The doctor may offer fitted trays and will provide instructions with your take home whitening kit. For more information about attaining a brighter smile, call your general dentist or your cosmetic dentist.